Look up at the sky…
Yep, it’s done.
It took a pretty heroic effort there at the end to get all 8,000 miles of edging knit, but I made it happen. The photo above is post-blocking, and the finished shawl has a 45″ diameter. The pattern called for 48″, but I didn’t want to pull it too tightly and create a more open stockinette and risk losing the cool magenta/green swirls in the yarn, since the Aurora Borealis effect was what I was after in the first place.
I did wind up needing the extra beads I ordered—all but 10, in fact. I had just enough yarn left over for half a hexipuff. So I guess all that remains now is to start memorizing my constellations! Or perhaps find a fancy outdoor evening occasion to which to wear it and provide reference material for the other guests.