In July, I made some things:
From left to right, top to bottom:
- A basically finished stripey sweater—needs buttons.
- 14 hexipuffs for the Beekeeper’s Quilt
- A sweet little kerchief for a friend who’s been ill, in a lovely glittery JulieSpins yarn (link).
- A crocheted Irish Rose mounted on a pin, because brooches are rad.
- Socks. ‘Nuff said.
- A crocheted string bag for marketing that flips itself into its own pouch.
- Half of a beaded lace shawl
July was, in spite of its trials, rather busy for the yarnworking. The above photos illustrate that I finished one three-month project, made my check-in deadline for another, and finished all six games challenges for the month. Again. August has also started off with a bang, but mostly on the sewing front: I finished a dress this weekend, that I will blog as soon as my intrepid photographer returns from Philadelphia. For games this month, I’m working on a little lace stole that has been hibernating since last fall and I need to cast on some socks. And more hexipuffs. And a special intarsia thing.
I also made a wig. It sort of defies explanation and will have to wait a bit.